Saturday, June 19, 2021

Say What, Dad? Memorable Quotes from TV's Sitcom Fathers

 By Michael Lyons    


The wisdom that fathers bring to our lives has never been more acutely, or humorously, captured better than in television's most popular sitcoms.


With Father's Day upon us this weekend, here's a look back at the insight...and the laughs... these TV Dads provided through the years:

 


“Fathers make mistakes too, you know, lots of them. In fact, it's easy for us to make mistakes because we're trying so hard to live up to the perfect picture you painted of us. You're going to have to learn that I'm just an ordinary human being, with a reasonable amount of intelligence, capable of handling most situations. But I'm not a Superman.  I can't bring about miracles. This doesn't mean I'm not going to try to be as you think I am or want me to be.” - Jim Anderson (Robert Young), Father Knows Best


 

"Marion and I have not climbed Mount Everest or written the great American novel, but we've had the joy of raising two wonderful kids and watching them and their friends grow into loving adults. And now, we're going to have the pleasure of watching them pass that love on to their children.  And, I guess, no man or woman could ask for anything more." - Howard Cunningham, "Mr. C," (Tom Bosley), Happy Days



"Even though he's only been my dad for a short time, no father could be a realer father than Michael Brady." - Marcia Brady's letter nominating her father, Mike Brady (Robert Reed), as Father of the Year, The Brady Bunch

 


"Kids, you tried, and you failed miserably.  The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson (Dan Castellaneta), The Simpsons.



"I'm ‘cool dad,’ that's my 'thang.'  I'm hip.  I surf the web.  I text.  LOL: laugh out loud.  OMG: Oh my god.  WTF: Why the face?" - Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell), Modern Family.



“The lesson I want you to learn is: it doesn't matter what you look like, tall or short or fat or thin ugly or handsome, like your father.  You could be black or yellow or white. It doesn't matter.  What does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.” - Herman Munster (Fred Gwynn), The Munsters


 

So, to the Dads in our lives, thank you for the guidance, the laughs, and the love you've given to us.  Like a good TV rerun, it stays with us forever.

 

Happy Father's Day!



Source: You Tube

 

No comments:

Post a Comment